Main Theme: Journey to the Centre of the Earth and beyond
1) An information brochure about different aspects of the earth.
2) A TV programme example to send.
What wider skills do we want the children to have by the end of this project?
What lessons/activities will enable them to create the end project?
Opportunities for response
Opportunities for Literacy and Numeracy
|Subject Knowledge/Skill||Assessment: Pupil||Date(s) of supporting evidence||Assessment: Teacher||Date(s) of supporting evidence|
|I can use a variety of sources including documents, printed sources, the internet, databases, pictures, photos, music, artefacts, historic buildings and visits to collect information about the past.|
|I can write, design and debug my own game on Scratch|
|I can choose the most appropriate way to present information to an audience.|
|I can use logical thinking, imagination and creativity|
|I can improve my mastery of art and design techniques (drawing and painting).|
|I can listen to detail and recall aurally|
|I can compare how things move on different surfaces.I can notice that some forces need contact between two objects, but magnetic forces can act at a distance.|
|I can observe how magnets attract or repel each other and describe magnets as having two poles.I can predict wither two magnets will attract or repel each other, depending on which poles are facing.|
|I can compare and group objects and materials that are magnetic.|
|I can compare and group materials together, according to whether they are solids, liquids or gases|
|I can observe that some materials change state when they are heated or cooled, and measure or research the temperature at which this happens in degrees Celsius (°C)|
|I can describe and understand key aspects of rivers, mountains, volcanoes and earthquakes|
• I can work to my own targets
• I can learn from a mistake
• I can organise myself and resources when working independently or in a group.
• I can debate issues until a sensible compromise is reached.
• I can break my learning into manageable chunks.
• I can recognise how my attitude and behaviour impact my learning.
• I can take on a range of roles within a group
• I can motivate people to contribute more effectively.
• I accept the fact that I can try and fail
• I can share my ideas and thoughts with the whole class.