We have included this brief guide, to accompany the packs taken home by the pupils recently.
We have been learning about Florence Nightingale.
- Draw a picture of Florence Nightingale.
- Draw a picture of a modern-day nurse.
- Label their clothing.
- Write some of the differences between the two nurses.
We have been writing stories based on 'Not Now Bernard' by David McKee.
- Choose your favourite story and re-write it using your own ideas. Change the characters, setting and events. Draw some illustrations to match your story.
- Choose a character from a story you have read before. Write a list of adjectives to describe the character.
- Use some nouns to describe where your character could visit, any pets it could have and where it lives.
- Look out of a window at home – write down what you can see. Use some interesting words. E.g. From my window I can see birds swooping, children playing excitedly and cars passing quickly.
- You could draw a picture of what you can see from your window, colour it and then label it with nouns and adjectives. E.g. a bright sun, an enormous tree.
- Practice saying the 2, 5, and 10 times tables. Remember to use TT Rockstars too.
- Practice using coins and counting out different amounts. Remember that you could count in 1s, 2s, 5s and 10s to help you with this.
- Using a variety of coins, how many ways can you make 20p? £1? £2?
- Use a timer to time how long it takes you to do the following activities; skipping, watching a cartoon, playing an interactive game, doing 20 jumps, drawing a picture of yourself, eating a meal. Can you put these in order of how long they take, from shortest to longest time?
- How many activities can you do in an hour? Keep a list of all of the things you can do in an hour.
- Have a look in your food cupboards. Find 5 items and write down their weight. Order the items from heaviest to lightest.
We have recently been learning about how to stay safe in school, at home and in the community. We then moved on to learning about personal hygiene.
- Write a list of all of the people that help to keep you safe.
- How do your family help to keep you safe?
- Who can help you to stay safe in the community?
- How do you help other people?
- We have recently been learning about Muslims and Christians.
- Write a list of the things you know about both religions.
- Draw a picture of their places of worship.
- We have just been celebrating 'British Science Week'
- There is a sheet for you to complete – go on a bug hunt in a garden, park, wood etc. Which bugs did you find? Where did you find them? Which one was your favourite?
- Have a look around your home. Have you got any plants or trees? Draw, colour and label them with the parts of the plant.
- Write a list of the names of any plants that you know.
- Please continue to reading at least 3 times per week and these reads be signed in your reading record.
Some useful websites
Extra home learning resources:
Go to www.twinkl.co.uk/offer/ and enter the code: UKTWINKLHELPS.
You can then download their home learning resources.