We have included this brief guide, to accompany the packs taken home by the pupils recently.
- Daily reading of a book and asking/answering questions.
- Finding meanings of work using dictionary resources.
- comprehension games (online)
- Any extra specific reading tasks to be uploaded to the school website each day.
- Spelling and grammar games online
- Common Exception Word (reading and spelling)
- Writing a persuasive text of your choice.
- Any extra specific SPaG tasks to be uploaded to the school website each day.
- Arithmetic: addition, subtraction and multiplication equations.
- Times Tables (Year 4 must do this daily): Hit the button or Times Tables Rockstars.
- Fill in the multiplication square. Year 4 - You will need lots of practice as you have a very important test when you come back.
- Time: Using analogue and digital clocks to tell the time. Comparing different lengths of time in a table.
- Geometry: drawing shapes and labelling properties
- Fractions: Finding fractions of amounts.
- Any extra specific Maths tasks to be uploaded to the school website each day.
- Booklet: making an information booklet about either Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Tsunamis or Forest Fires.
- Easter card
- Any extra specific Theme or science tasks to be uploaded to the school website each day.
- Read a book and complete a review - this can be your reading book or one from home.
- A newspaper report about a topical issue from the time (or a modern equivalent) - make sure to research and include facts! Use the newspaper template to include a headline, picture, caption etc.
The websites below are helpful sites that will support all areas of the curriculum while you are supporting your children at home.
Times Table Rockstars:
Extra home learning resources:
Go to www.twinkl.co.uk/offer/ and enter the code: UKTWINKLHELPS.
You can then download their home learning resources.