Main Theme: Stone Age to Iron Age (Stones n' Bones)
End of Theme Project: Stone Age to Iron Age Museum Exhibition
Intent: What wider skills do we want the children to have developed by the end of this theme, supporting future learning and life skills?
Intent: Outline the factual/topical areas that will be covered, enhancing the development of knowledge and cultural capital?
Intent: What opportunities will there be to develop literacy and numeracy skills?
Intent: Cross-Curricular links: Which curriculum areas will be covered during this theme, developing cross-curriculum knowledge and skills?
Impact: What opportunities will be provided to assess the development of knowledge and skills?
Impact: What specific areas of knowledge/skills will be developed during this theme, which will be assessed at different times by the teacher and by the pupil?→ Scroll right to view the table.
|Subject Knowledge/Skill||Curriculum Areas covered|
|I can use a variety of sources including documents, printed sources, the internet, databases, pictures, photos, artefacts to collect information about the past.||Computer Science|
|I can order events that happened during the Stone Age in chronological order.||History|
|I can answer historical questions about change, cause, similarity and difference, and significance.||History|
|I can choose the best ways of organising and presenting relevant historical information.||Writing, speaking & listening|
|I can improve my mastery of art and design techniques, including drawing, painting and sculpture with a range of materials e.g. pencil, charcoal, paint and clay.||Art and design|
|I can understand geographical similarities and differences through the study of human and physical geography.||Geography|
|I can identify and describe types of settlement and land use, economic activity including trade links, and the distribution of natural resources including water, food, energy and minerals.||History, English|
|I can use coordinates to describe the position of objects on a map.||Geography|
|I can use logical thinking, creativity and imagination.||Art and design|
|I can listen to detail and recall aurally.||Speaking and listening|
Impact: What specific wider skills will be developed during this theme, which will be assessed at different times by the teacher and by the pupil?
• I can have a go at something even though I don't know if it will work.
• I can keep focused on a task and not become distracted.
• I can ask questions to help me find out about new things.
• I can complete challenges, especially open-ended tasks.
• I can understand what might have stopped me from learning effectively.
• I can prioritise the most important things that need doing first.
• I can listen to and follow instructions independently.
• I can take on a specific role in a group.
• I can have a go at something even if I am unsure it will work.
• I can share my thoughts and ideas with the class.